Sunday, 7 November 2010

No Turning Back - part 7


All characters created and owned by Stephenie Meyer.
No copyright infringement intended.

CHAPTER 7

Bella’s POV

We walked hand in hand through the gardens, the sky bright and clear for once with no sign of imminent rain. I looked down at our clasped hands, both pale but his more so, his skin sparkling like raindrops on glass in the rare sunlight. Esme’s handiwork was everywhere - the summer flowers bright and cheery in the neat flower beds, and the heavy perfume from the roses hanging in the morning air. Our walk took us to a loveseat, partially hidden amongst the blossoming shrubs and nodding sunflowers. Emmett led me over to it and sat me down.

“When Carlisle and Esme come home, I want to come clean and tell them about us. I expect Rose will want to talk to them, which is understandable, but I want them to hear about this from us. I don’t want them to try and ‘fix’ things, even if they have our best intentions at heart. We should tell Charlie, too.”

He lifted my hand to his lips and kissed the palm. Shivers ran through me as I drank in the warm honey of his eyes, locked onto mine.

“I can’t imagine not having you in my life now, Bella.”

I swallowed hard and leaned in to kiss him. His nose nuzzled mine, and this simple motion caused goose bumps to bloom all over my body. Looking at me with laughing eyes, he grinned and jumped up like an excited child.

“Remember that doomed picnic of ours? Stay right here,” he said, kissing my palm again before dashing off. He reappeared, seconds later, clutching the picnic blanket from that night. As he unfolded it, I noticed it was one of the specialist items sold at Newton’s - an insulated blanket with a water resistant underside, made for hikers. I grinned to myself- no wonder Mrs Newton loved these guys - the Cullens really were the perfect customers. Emmett spread it on the grass in a sunny spot hidden behind the loveseat, before scooping me up and laying me on the blanket, pinning me down playfully. I giggled - his happiness was so infectious.

“Now this – this is what I had in mind for our first date,” he grinned, “a little alfresco alone time. Not that our... alternative... date wasn’t enjoyable, because it was. It was very... very... enjoyable...” He punctuated each ‘very’ with a kiss just under my jaw that set my breathing off into an uneven rhythm. He paused, looking down at me as his thumb gently traced over my temple.

“This would have been less, umm, demanding on the furniture,” I whispered, giggling.

“Don’t worry,” he chuckled, looking confident, “I fixed it. They’ll never know.” His lips brushed mine silencing my laughter.

His grin grew wider in satisfaction as, helpless to resist him, my mouth moulded to his. His tongue reached out to mine, tacitly asking for permission to enter and explore. My sharp inhalation was all the permission he needed to claim my mouth fully as I pulled him closer, my fingers splayed out over the hard, defined muscles of his shoulders.

I ran my tongue under his lip, loving the answering growl that rumbled from his throat and set my groin aflame.

Oh, that taste... so divine, so uniquely Emmett.

He broke the kiss as my breathing grew ever more ragged; his lips making a slow descent down my throat. His fingers opened my shirt just enough to expose my thinly veiled breasts to the air, my nipples already hardened into tight cones. The feel of his mouth on one swollen peak through the fabric was so close to pain that I cried out, but then the gentle suction turned the sharp pain into a throbbing knot of pleasure. As he moved over to my other breast, his hands pushed up the fabric and continued to fondle and squeeze the abandoned nipple, making me writhe wantonly.

Loving the feel of his weight across me, my hips moved shamelessly, trying to reach the beautiful monster between his legs that I wanted so badly between mine. I felt him smile at my impatience, his hand finding my thigh and holding me down against the blanket.

Just his kiss alone had made me so wet, but with his hand now so teasingly close I wanted to scream, my breathing already loud and harsh. His hand skimmed up my thigh, over my hip and under my shirt, making me gasp and jump. He then added to my torment by pressing the flat of his hand on my lower belly and rotating it slowly, causing sparks to erupt from the sensitive nerve endings between my legs. By now I was panting hoarsely, desperate whimpers escaping my lips as my body started to catch fire. When his hand slid to my belt, unfastening it along with my jeans, my moans grew louder and more urgent. Pushing himself up onto his elbows, he pulled my jeans off easily, and tossed them aside. I couldn’t control my frantic rasping breaths as his flickered his tongue down my stomach, pausing at the edge of my panties.

His eyes fixed onto mine, his voice soft and sincere.

“I know that, deep down, you worry that this isn’t real - that I’ll change my mind about us. But you’re wrong.”

My pulse rate spiked.

“Trust me...” His eyes never left mine, and I nodded.

His fingers slowly peeled down my soaked panties, exposing my hot, wet core to his view. When they were past my knees they disappeared with a sudden flourish, somewhere in the general direction of the roses, I reckoned, the adrenalin rush making me giggle for one crazy moment. He raised my right leg, resting it over his shoulder before leaning across me, dipping his head between my thighs. Holding my breath for an eternal second, I heard his quiet words of reverence as he breathed in my own fragrance before delicately parting my swollen lips with his fingers. Just the feel of his cold touch on my heated centre caused me to hiss in pure pleasure. When his agile tongue touched my sex my legs tensed, and I forgot to breathe. Raising his head, I saw Emmett’s eyes flash in mischief.

I’m gonna brand you with my name, Miss Swan. I’m gonna mark you as mine forever – one letter at a time. Say them out loud...”

I barely had to time to process his words before his head dipped down again, and I heard him say, “E...”

“E...” I repeated, shakily.

His tongue wrote a capital E over my inner lips, the long down stroke of the letter drawn across the width of my damp folds, just below my clit, the smaller prongs of the letter marked with short strokes down my quivering flesh.

I groaned loudly.

“m...”

He swirled the m around and down, around and down, making my nerve endings leap and my breathing lurch dangerously. I bit my lip, hard.

“m...”

My voice was becoming very uneven. The second m started higher, and curled over and around my clit before tailing off between my inner lips. My breath hissed inward.

“e...”

Heat rising fast, I could feel the apex of my thighs swell and open as my entire being focused on the path of his tongue. He curled the e across the whole of my sex, the lazy, circular motion covering my throbbing centre in one sweep. My chest rose and fell rapidly, my breathing and groans of pleasure embarrassingly loud.

“t...”

Another down stroke, this time directly across my clit causing me to scream his name before being immediately introduced to another new sensation: rubbing his tongue directly beneath my burning nub to cross the t. I could feel the intense heat of my orgasm building strongly and knew I wouldn’t be able to hold back much longer. My voice grew fainter now as I concentrated on simply remembering to breathe at all.

“t...”

The last letter was forced out between gritted teeth, my thighs tensed and shaking as he held my lips apart for the final assault on my soaking flesh; another stroke across my trembling core before crossing it repeatedly this time over and beneath with the flickering tip of his agile tongue.

OH... HOLY... HELL...

It was too much - my tortured body bowed upward and ignited into an inferno of heat and pleasure, lights flashing behind my eyes and raw, animalistic cries escaping from my mouth. He held my shaking legs in place, his tongue still dancing over my soft folds as I rode out my pleasure beneath him, finally collapsing into a sweating heap, sucking in air in huge, uneven lungfuls.

I vaguely heard the metallic chink of Emmett’s belt buckle, the soft popping sounds of his buttons, and the rasp of denim being kicked away. I felt the weight of him hover over me once more, but now the time for teasing was over. As he kissed me passionately, I felt his enormous erection enter me with unerring accuracy, pausing for a second for me to acclimatise before filling me to the hilt in one swift thrust, knocking the breath out of me.

I was made for this – made solely for him. I want to fuck this man until the day I die.

The relief to finally have him inside me almost moved me to tears, and finally wiped away any lingering doubts.

I am his for as long as he desires me.

I love you, Emmett McCarty Cullen.

He pulled out slowly before slamming back in, sending blissful shudders through me. My eyes locked on to his ever darkening ones, his gaze intense as he timed his thrusts with my ragged gasps. I wrapped my legs around his back and pulled him deeply into me, feeling every inch of his length as it stroked all of my pleasure zones.

At my urging, he began thrusting faster and more forcefully, hardening even more as he took his pleasure in my willing body. I couldn’t possibly come again, my body was replete, and all I wanted now was to revel in the glorious feeling of being stretched wide and pounded hard.

Ohhh... sogoodsogoodsogood...

Oh hell...

I hadn’t reckoned on Emmett’s skill and determination. His cock rubbed in all the right places, and I could feel the heat under my skin rising rapidly and unexpectedly.

Emmett looked down at me through heavily lidded eyes, whispering: “Bella, I love you...” which was all it took for my traitorous body to convulse in waves of pleasure just as Emmett roared out his climax against my neck, pumping his release into me.

This has to be paradise, right here, right now; lying outdoors in the sun, being made love to by the most beautiful man in the world.

Our breathing steadied as we lay together, my leg casually crooked over his, feeling utterly at peace.

~xxXxx~

Alice’s POV

“Almost home, Jazzy!”

I clapped my hands in excitement as the car approached the main Forks road. Jasper drove the Daimler way over the legal limit, as eager to be home as I. He raised our clasped hands to his smiling lips and kissed my knuckles making me beam with happiness.

After seeing Rosalie’s plans to win Emmett back, Jasper and I had packed up and headed for home. I had called Emm as soon as she made the decision, knowing that Bella could be in serious danger. Bella was my closest girlfriend, well, my only girlfriend, but that was beside the point. Bella was special to both me, and our family; I was torn between happiness for the pair of them, and sadness at the loss of my sister. Plus, there was the added worry that a human/vampire couple would make our nomadic life extremely difficult to explain away, especially when only one member of the family grew older. I just couldn’t see how this was going to pan out – the future was hazy and undecided.

How did I want this to turn out? I sighed, unhappily. I loved my brother and sister – we had been together for so long that I had thought them solid and unbreakable, at least until this crazy, and unforeseen, last stand of Rosalie’s. I had felt both her anger and Emmett’s pain in my vision, and I had just wanted it to stop. If she had seen Bella ... I grimaced. Rose’s temper was legendary, and even the slightest offhand comment could ignite it like a flash fire if one wasn’t careful.

Jasper turned into the long driveway, and I gazed out of the window, happy to be home and back with my family. He saw my expression and grinned.

“Almost home, Sugar.”

~xxXxx~

Unpacking mine and Jasper’s clothes, I giggled at how many of Jasper’s shirts were clean and unworn. I do like to keep him naked whenever possible. Next time we’ll go someplace where we can be alone, and naked, 24/7!

Hearing voices, I looked out of the window and saw Emmett and Bella meandering through the garden, hand in hand. On closer scrutiny, Bella had what looked to me like serious sex hair. Unable to wait, I flew down the stairs and out into the garden to meet them.

“Emmett! Bella!”

They looked shocked at my sudden appearance as I hurtled into Emmett’s arms, confident as always that he would catch me before I landed on my backside.

“Hey, sis! Welcome home! You miss us?”

“Of course I did! I always love coming home to my family.” He bear hugged me back before putting me down. Bouncing happily, I turned to Bella, hugging her tightly until she squeaked at me not to crush her before giggling at my enthusiasm.

Pulling back, I winked at her. “So, someone had a good time this morning, judging by the hair.” I reached up and smoothed down the worst of the birds nest at the back of her head.

She stuttered, looking mortified as she touched her head and tried to make the evidence go away.

“You can’t fool me, Bella; I know what sex with Jasper does to mine. Never mind, I’m sure you weren’t thinking about your hair at the time.” I beamed at her as she flushed scarlet.

“Alice, what exactly did you see? Spill – I need to know.”

“I saw what I needed to see, Bella. That’s all. And just as a note, you really should consider wearing skirts more often. They’re much more convenient for outdoor ... adventures. Just ask Jasper! Gotta run - I’ll be back when I’ve finished the unpacking.”

Leaving Bella speechless, I skipped back indoors.

Entering our room, a pair of strong arms grabbed hold of me round my waist and carried me over to the bed.

“Jazzy! I have chores to finish!” I giggled, putting up a half hearted fight before surrendering to his advances.

“Well, I’m still on holiday time, and I feel the need for a little afternoon siesta with my gorgeous wife, if she’s amenable to that.”

Kneeling over me, he nibbled down my neck, his hands sliding up my short skirt to discover I wasn’t wearing any underwear.

“Oh, Mrs Whitlock, I do love your thinkin’,” he growled deliciously before tearing off his jeans and shirt, standing naked before me. As always I was in awe of him, his body covered in scars, each and every one beautiful and perfect because they were a part of him. His taut, chiselled torso simply took my breath away.

He saw me looking and quirked an eyebrow, teasingly.

“See somethin’ you want, Sugar?”

“Oh Jazzy, don’t make me wait,” I groaned, biting my lip as I gazed lower down.

His crooked grin made me melt as he slid up my body to make good on his word.

~xxXxx~

When we emerged from the room a short time later, I could hear giggling. As I bounded downstairs, Jasper behind me, I caught the tail end of Emmett’s comment.

“Seriously, I’m not kidding. I swear they have to have sex if they’ve been apart for more than ten minutes. They’re insatiable, the pair of them. I’m so glad I don’t sleep ‘cause those two would definitely keep me up at night.”

Bella giggled and, on seeing me enter the room, blushed furiously and hid her face in Emmett’s shirt to stifle the laughter. I shook my head, dramatically.

“That’s so mature, Emmett. And I bet you and Bella have just been studying calculus the whole time we’ve been away, hmmm?”

Bella raised her head, trying hard to look serious. “Not the whole time, no. We did some advanced biology too ...” She tailed off, spluttering with laughter and collapsing back against a grinning Emmett.

“Yes, I know, and nice job on the table, Emmy. You better hope Esme doesn’t find out about that.”

Alice! You wouldn’t!” Bella looked mortified at the thought.

“Don’t worry. Emmett has a plan to cover that eventuality. Don’t you, Emm?” I grinned cheekily.

Jasper stood behind me, resting his hand lightly on my hip. Clearing his throat, he motioned to Emmett to follow him outside. As Emmett got up off of the couch, Bella caught his hand. He turned back to her.

“I’m gonna go and get some stuff done at home. You guys need to talk and I’m better off out of the way for that, I think. Call me tomorrow?” She smiled up at him, and he leant down to kiss her softly. The look he gave her made my heart melt.

“You bet,” he said, pulling her in for a tight hug before releasing her, still holding one hand.

She smiled and walked toward the door, her hand finally slipping from his.

Reaching the door, Bella called back, somewhat awkwardly.

“Jasper..?”

He turned around, inclining his head politely. “Yes, Bella?”

“I just wanted to say that I’m... sorry about, um... Rose and ... what happened. Have you spoken to her..?”

I looked at Jasper, knowing full well that he would be feeling the weight of her guilt and anguish about the whole incident, adding to his worry about his twin. Emmett was in for a rough time explaining all of this.

“It’s ok, Bella. I’ll talk to her. Don’t worry yourself. Emmett?”

The door closed behind her, and shortly after that her truck roared into life. As she pulled slowly out of the driveway, Emmett and Jasper disappeared, and I heard the back door click shut behind them.

I sat back down on the couch, curling up to wait for the boys to be done. I knew that Jasper was frustrated that Emmett didn’t appear at all worried about Rose, and what she might do. He so hated feeling helpless.

Concentrating, I saw them clearly in my vision: Jasper leaning against the big old oak tree, one boot braced against its broad trunk. He was boiling with suppressed anger, his hands balled into fists at his sides. Emmett was trying so hard to explain, but Jas was losing his self control, accusing him of cheating on his wife and throwing her out like trash.

I had omitted to tell Jas that Edward was involved; it could only aggravate the situation if he thought that Edward might have supported Emmett, when he himself hadn’t been here to support his twin. I was worried - the last thing I wanted was more conflict within the family and, from what I could see, the discussion was not going to go well...

~xxXxx~

“Emmett, how could you just give up so easily? Relationships take work. You don’t just give up when things get a little tough, you fight. What the hell were all those weddin’s for? Why commit to her over and over again? What was the point?”

Emmett was trying, unsuccessfully, to placate Jasper. “I tried, Jas. I tried. I’ve just had enough of trying to please her. I can’t touch her, I can’t interfere with her plans, I can’t voice an opinion if it differs from hers... hell, Jas - I can’t even scratch my butt without her say so. If we stay together, I’ll end up as some pansy-assed excuse for a man, trailing at her heels like a dog on a leash through all eternity.”

Jasper looked up sharply. “Does Edward know? Have you spoken to him about this?”

Emmett looked blindsided. “Well, yeah. Dad’s away and I needed to talk after Rose walked out.”

Jasper snorted. “That must’ve been an interestin’ conversation, what with all of Edward’s experience in that area.”

“He helped me see things more clearly. Plus, when Rose showed up early this morning, he protected Bella while we... talked it out.”

When Jasper spoke, his tone was steely.

“You won’t even consider giving her a second chance?”

Emmett squared his shoulders. “I think she’s had enough second chances, don’t you, bro? Have you forgotten how many times she has stormed out on me? This time she said I had to choose, and so I did. Why don’t you ask Ed – he was there. He witnessed the whole sorry scene.”

Jasper inhaled sharply. “Then let’s go talk to our all seeing brother.”

~xxXxx~

I could see the whole conversation unfold; the two of them arguing pointlessly, each accusation countered by the other. Neither could win as Jasper would always love his sister, and therefore refuse to accept Emmett’s disillusionment with his marriage. I felt rather sorry for Edward as he was about to get dragged back into the middle of this, and be torn between the people he loved.

I sighed. We needed Mom and Dad here to restore the equilibrium. I knew they would be on their way home soon, and I hoped that they could come up with a way of resolving the tension in the house before the boys resorted to violence in a vain effort to settle their differences.

~xxXxx~

THE NEXT DAY

Carlisle’s POV

Leaving the island was always a wrench, our time there never seeming quite long enough. But, despite that, coming home was always a joy. Life was full of contradictions.

While Esme had finished the packing, I had bid farewell to the staff and checked that everything in the house was in order.

Arriving at the airport, we checked in without incident, attracting a few knowing smiles as we looked to the rest of the world like returning honeymooners. The flight attendants paid us rather too much attention, and eventually we ordered sparkling water to appease them, claiming to have eaten before the flight.

As night descended, the other passengers started to fall asleep, and my Essie and I were left alone. Occasionally, we earned a sideways look from an attendant as we quietly giggled and kissed like a couple of teenagers in the back row of the cinema. Eventually I heard a subtle throat clearing, and I smiled apologetically at the attendant as I moved Essie’s hand away from where she was fondling. I shifted uncomfortably in my seat – she always knew exactly what to do in public to get a reaction from me, and leave me wanting much more.

“Minx! Wait until we get home,” I whispered, grinning, “or at least until we get to the car. Then we can continue this in private.”

She buried her face in my neck, muffling her snort of laughter, unable to keep a straight face.

The plane landed in Port Angeles on time, and we were soon on our way home. The soft purr of the Mercedes’ engine, Mozart playing quietly through the speakers, and my Essie’s hand sliding up my thigh made the trip home a pleasure in every way.

In what felt like no time at all, we pulled into the driveway and around to the garage. I saw Esme look to the empty spot in surprise.

“Emmett and Rose must be out – her car isn’t here. We forgot to call ahead, didn’t we, and I was so looking forward to seeing everyone when we got home.” Her shoulders drooped a little.

I pulled her into me for a comforting hug.

“Come on, let’s get the bags indoors. We can see them when they get back.” I opened the boot of the car to fetch the cases. Esme followed me round to the front door, stepping around me to open it.

I heard a squeal before being hugged by a whirling dervish in the shape of Alice.

“Hello Alice, sweetheart. How was your trip?”

She was bouncing with happiness, her eyes sparkling. She released me and ran into Esme’s arms, the pair of them so happy to see each other. Alice, in her usual way, started chattering about hers and Jasper’s trip, intermittently asking questions about ours as we walked upstairs. However, when Esme asked if Rose and Emmett were home, Alice’s face clouded and I was immediately concerned. What on earth could have happened to make Alice so upset? I drew her and Esme into my study, and we sat down.

“Alice? Is there something we need to talk about?”

She looked from me to Esme and back again, before speaking hesitantly.

“It’s Rose. She ... left Emmett and moved out. For good, this time.”

I relaxed. “Alice, she has left before – many times, if memory serves. She will return when she calms down. Don’t worry about them.”

Alice bit her lip. “There’s more,” she said in a small voice.

I met Esme’s eyes, becoming more concerned. I waited for Alice to speak.

“They had a huge row – Edward had to break it up. And,” her eyes dropped, “Emmett has fallen in love with someone else.”

Esme looked shell shocked, her hand over her mouth. Alice reached out to her.

“He’s so happy, Mom, happier than I’ve seen him in a long time. But then Rose came back to make it up with him and he told her straight that he didn’t want her anymore. She was furious and they had a massive fight. I saw it all. Luckily I got Bella out of the house before Rose got here...”

“Well I know that Rose is no fan of Bella, but she can hardly blame her for Emmett’s new relationship, can she?” I reasoned.

Esme gasped and I looked at her in concern.

“What is it, my love?”

She was staring at Alice. “Are they...? Alice – are they?”

I frowned, looking to Esme and then Alice, slightly out of step.

“Yes, Mom, Emmett and Bella are together now. And they’re really happy ...” Alice looked at her pleadingly.

“They’re in a relationship? But it isn’t safe for her...” Esme was pacing now, “she could be hurt or worse... and what about Rose? She must be devastated. Where is she? I must go to her.”

“I don’t know. I can’t see her, it’s hazy.”

I stood up. “Alice, is Emmett around? I think I should speak to him.”

“He went for a hunt earlier. I think you’ll find him with Edward now. You should know that Jasper is furious with Emmett – they were arguing for hours yesterday. I know they went to talk to Edward about what he heard, but now Jas won’t even talk to me about it.”

I looked up, momentarily surprised to realise that Edward was not in the house. Alice saw my expression.

“Edward moved out to the cottage. He-he had enough of being around Rose and Emmett. He said it was too oppressive, listening to Rose’s angry thoughts and Emmett’s indifference. He needed space. It’s all such a mess. But I can’t be angry with Emm – I love seeing him like this. He’s... like he used to be - all smiles and jokes, just happy. And so is Bella.

I moved to leave the room to go in search of my son, when I heard a gasp behind me. I turned back to see Alice’s face distorted with sudden fear. Esme was kneeling before her, anxiously.

“Alice? Tell me what you see.” Her eyes were wide as the vision seared through her mind. My hand rested comfortingly on her shoulder as she concentrated. Suddenly she looked at me, grasping my arm.

“It’s bad. It’s really bad. Carlisle, you have to go right now.”

“What is it?”

Her body trembled as she shakily formed the words.

“It’s Rose ...”

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you've killed me dead rach... sigh

by sheribethmasen

MandaCullenMccartyWhitlock said...

U better update again soon woman.....i'll do something... i don't know what just yet, but something if u don't.... great cliffie babe!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Write the next chapter fast I can't wait to see what is going to happen next!!!! love it love it love it.

twilight mum said...

Always knew esme was a bit of a minx on the quiet, shes's married to carlisle for goodness sake he could turn a nun on.