Wednesday, 27 April 2011

'Windy Afternoon' reviewed on Twifics!

http://twificreviewsa-z.blogspot.com/2011/04/windy-afternoon.html
***
'This story is all about love and loss, and the sadness that comes after. Alice who has been abused over and over, finally escapes and is safe. Starting up her own company from scratch, Alice starts making a living with photography. One day while in a sleepy coast town on off season, she finds her inspiration. Emmett. It was obvious that it was love at first sight. She tells the tales of her abuse, and they make love. He is expecting her to stay, but she decides she needs to love herself before she can love somebody else. They say goodbye. 2 years later, Alice returns, knowing he will still be waiting for her, to find out he is dead. Then there is a flashback showing what happened during the 2 years.
What I really loved about this story, is it wasn’t a HEA like everything seems to be. I’ve been losing faith in fiction in general, I usually don’t even read the epilogue now, knowing that they popped out 2.5 kids, and have a dog. So Windy Afternoon was really a breath of fresh air.'
Riley Calvin
***

What a great review! I am so proud! :)

~KellanCougar

No comments: