Saturday, 21 January 2012

Learning to Fly - Ch18

So I have this image in my head of Emmett checking the CCTV footage and finding out what happened after closing. I see him watching for a few seconds, confused as to what’s going on, and then, around the time that clothing starts coming off, slamming the laptop shut and rubbing his eyes, muttering ‘no no no no no.....’ *gigglesnort*
Thank you as always to my beta mxpi1970 and my pre reader and sounding board Jasper1863Hale – couldn’t do it without my girls!
As always, all characters created and owned by Stephenie Meyer.
~xxXxx~
CHAPTER 18
Edward’s POV
I felt sick.
Ejecting the disc from the player, I returned it to the case. I felt so embarrassed that I couldn’t bring myself to look at him.
“So much for him never finding out about that. I’m so sorry, Carlisle, I didn’t know about the new security system. Unless he told me and I forgot, I...”
To my intense shock, I heard laughter.
“Oh, poor Emmett! I wonder how much he saw before...” he tailed off into chuckles once again, and I turned to stare at him in amazement before the corners of my mouth started to twitch too.
“Oh god, I thought he was weird on the phone this morning.” I groaned to myself, raking my fingers through my hair. “It’s late, I should call a cab.”
Reaching for the phone, I called the company I had used earlier. After a brief conversation, I hung up.
“They said fifteen minutes.”
As the words left my lips, Carlisle was on his feet, pulling me into a hug that I returned despondently. His fingers were in my hair, holding me close as he whispered in my ear.
“It’s way after midnight, my love; happy 21st birthday.”
My arms tightened for a second before loosening so I could look at him.
“So do I look any different?” My smile played across my lips as I tried to be upbeat.
“You look delicious, and I want to drag you upstairs, pin you to the bed and do unspeakable things to you. But we only have about twelve minutes left, and I desire far more time with you than that. So, for tonight, I’ll settle for a kiss until I can have you all to myself again for the entire night.”
I leaned into him with a sigh of pleasure. My lips parting, I allowed him to claim my mouth as his, our tongues flirting with the expectation of more, unable to stop the inexorable hunger that consumed us. Trapped in passion’s tight snare, our hands gripped tighter, mouths locked together, our aroused bodies insistent as desperation built to a crescendo that could only lead to one conclusion.
He pulled back, his ragged gasps hot on my face as my lungs struggled for air.
“Stay...”
My heart thudded painfully, my forehead resting against his.
“I can’t.”
His lips pressed against mine forcefully for a moment, before he answered.
“I know.” His eyes closed as he held me tight. “Edward, you were talking earlier about going home, but you didn’t say ‘home’, you said ‘the apartment’. It’s the second time you’ve said that. Why? You don’t usually refer to it as that.”
“It’s because...” I hesitated, wanting to say it. Hell, I needed to say it. But I knew I risked changing everything.
He fixed me in place with eyes as dark as the ocean at midnight, and the words tumbled out.
‘It’s because of you. You always said ‘home’ when you talked about me moving back there. And it is, I mean it was, I mean...”
I shook my head and tried my hardest to speak calmly.
“It was what you said when we got home from the bar...”
He was watching me intently now.
“What did I say?”
Oh fuck.
“You asked me a question, and I realised it was what I wanted. But you haven’t mentioned it again, so I guess you don’t remember, and now I’ve made a total fool of myself.”
I was panicking and tried to pull away from him, but he held me in his arms.
“Tell me, Edward, please?”
Lost in his eyes, I took the leap.
“You asked me to stay forever. It was then that I realised my apartment isn’t ‘home’ to me anymore because you aren’t there.”
My voice had degenerated into a hoarse whisper.
“My home is wherever you are, Carlisle.”
I waited, fearful of gentle rejection. His voice was rough and emotional, his fingers caressing my jaw as he swallowed hard, a discernible shimmer in the darkness of his gaze.
“Then come home, Edward. Be with me always.”
~xxXxx~
I left shortly after, my heart full of elation and, paradoxically, heavy with sadness to have to leave him when we should have been celebrating our new lives together.
Sitting in the taxi, I thought of how happy Emmett would be at the news. That is, if he ever got over the DVD, of course. I grinned to myself. I would have to apologise, and tell him I was sorry. And then I thought of mom, and how I was going to have to break the news to her.
I was still thinking as I paid the driver and made my way inside, trying to be quiet. I knew it was fruitless; as I tried to sneak past to my room, her voice came from behind her slightly ajar bedroom door.
“Edward?”
“Yes mom?”
“Come and sit with me for a minute.”
I opened the door and perched on the edge of her bed.
“Are you okay, mom? You left so early.”
“I wanted to meet your friends, and Doctor Cullen. But let’s face it, you didn’t need your mother hanging around and cramping your style at your party. How did the karaoke go? Emmett told me about that.”
I smiled, laughing quietly at her expression.
“It was really good. Everyone sang – well, nearly everyone. You know Emmett! Very few escape the microphone when he’s in charge! “
She smiled a fond smile; I knew her soft spot for Emmett would never change.
“I told him to look after Rosalie, such a lovely girl; beautiful manners as well as looks. It’s about time he found himself a nice young lady – he deserves to be happy.”
She clasped my hands looking serious.
“And so do you, my darling. I can’t begin to understand your relationship with Carlisle, but from listening to Emmett and, strangely, his very sweet ex-wife, I can see that they both approve of you two. Esme just wants him to be happy, and Emmett wants the same for you.”
Her eyes dropped, but she held fast to my hands.
“He told me something tonight. He said that he didn’t think I’d be staying here again, at the apartment, I mean.”
My mouth dropped open. I had seriously underestimated my best friend; he was more perceptive than I gave him credit for. I remembered his comment to me in the bar, that moving home was what I said I wanted, and a smile spread across my face, unrestrained and telling.
She looked at me intently.
“Edward? What is it?”
“Emm was right. Carlisle asked me tonight to move in. He actually asked me once before, but, at the time, I didn’t think he was serious. Then tonight he asked me again and this time there was no doubt at all that he meant it.”
She was silent, watching me.
“I said yes, mom. I’ll be moving in as soon as I can. He’s all I want. I just love him.”
She squeezed my hands in support.
“If he makes you happy then go be with him. I’ll get past this in time. If you two are going to go the distance then I’ll have to get used to the idea. And I promise to try; I’ll get to know him and try not to give him a hard time. You have to understand that it’s a mother’s duty; we have this overwhelming urge to protect our children against the world, and anyone in it that we don’t deem good for them.” She sighed. “You’re 21 – a man now. It’s time to let go and let you make your own way in the world and hope you make the right choices. Just know that I love you – you’ll always be my baby boy.”
Misty eyed, I leaned in to kiss her and she hugged me fiercely.
“Happy birthday, my darling boy; go be with him tomorrow. I’ll take an earlier flight.”
I looked at her with some uncertainty.
“Are you sure? You’re welcome to stay as long as you want you know.”
“You don’t want your mom hanging around. Besides – you’ve got a house moving to plan, and a new life to start.”
“Okay, if you’re really sure. But do me one favour? At least let me drive you to the airport?”
She nodded.
“I’d like that.”
~xxXxx~
When I awoke I heard mom in the kitchen and smiled, nostalgic for my childhood days. Pulling on my comfy, battered old jeans and Carlisle’s favourite purple shirt, I emerged to find a stack of pancakes waiting for me, oozing syrup. Seeing me in the doorway, she poured me a coffee and smiled like she always did when she surprised me.
“Happy birthday, baby; now eat before they get cold!”
I didn’t need telling twice and set to demolishing the stack before me with relish. Mom ate her considerably smaller serving whilst watching me, evidently enjoying the sight of her baby boy eating a filling meal. Or maybe she thought I wasn’t feeding myself. Knowing mom like I did, that option was more likely.
As I was scraping the last of the syrup off my plate and wiping the stray dribble from my chin, she handed me a package, biting her lip.
“I hope you like it.”
Unwrapping the small parcel carefully, I found a dark blue box containing a beautiful watch. Turning it over, I saw it was engraved:
‘For my son on his 21st. Love always, mom.’
I swallowed the lump in my throat, fastening the piece on to my wrist and going to hug her tight.
“Do you like it?” She sounded nervous.
“It’s gorgeous, mom. Thank you so much.”
Pulling back a little, she rummaged in her purse and withdrew an envelope from the depths.
“There’s more. I’ve been saving for this day for some time, and I wanted to give you something you needed. When you told me about the accident and that you had a new car, I knew what to do.”
She handed me the envelope then.
“Give this to Emmett as part of your loan repayment. I think it will help quite a bit.”
I frowned then, pulling out the folded stack of bills within. My voice was barely a whisper.
“Mom – there’s over a thousand dollars here.”
“It’s two thousand exactly, baby.”
I reeled in shock.
“I can’t accept that, mom. It’s far too much. You should keep your savings for yourself.”
She shook her head briskly.
“Nonsense. I’ve been putting some by for years now to help towards a deposit for an apartment of your own or a car. So here it is. I wish it were more. It’s a new start, Edward: new car, new home, new relationship. Let me help in my own way.”
Tears pricked my eyes as I hugged and kissed her, unable to express my gratitude. The money would clear a huge chunk of my debt to Emmett, and no longer paying rent to my landlord would be of immense help too.
A thought crossed my mind then; I would want to pay my way with Carlisle too. That was something we needed to agree on, even if it was just paying for groceries and gas. I would not be a freeloader and allow Carlisle to pay for everything. I had my pride.
When mom was ready to leave, I took her to the airport via Emmett’s as she wanted to say goodbye to him too. When we knocked, he appeared, still chewing what appeared to be a late breakfast. His eyes lit up when he saw her, and he pulled her into one of his bear hugs when she explained she was leaving early.
He invited us in, but mom said no. Then we heard a soft voice from the kitchen.
“Emmett? Would Elizabeth and Edward like a drink?”
Rosalie’s face appeared around the door, smiling at us; I noticed Emm’s blush and happy smile.
“Morning, Rosalie. Good to see you again.”
She smiled, somewhat bashfully.
“Good morning, Elizabeth. I hope the karaoke didn’t keep you up last night. I should think this pair could be heard all the way across town!”
Emmett gasped in mock horror, and I laughed.
“You love my singing – you said so.” He wrapped an arm around her and pulled her in close to him.
“Yeah, I just said that so you’d cook me breakfast.” She giggled when he kissed her loudly on the cheek.
“Keep telling yourself that, babe.”
Mom was smiling, evidently very happy to see her ‘second son’ so happy. They made their goodbyes, and soon we were pulling into the departures drop off point. Jumping out of the car, I unloaded her bags but she stopped me from carrying them in, instead fussing with my collar in a way that made me feel like a schoolboy again.
“Mom...” I almost whined, and she mock-scolded me.
“You should look your best. You have a handsome man waiting for you.”
“Mom, he’d love me wearing a garbage sack.”
Or nothing at all.
“No matter, there,” she finished adjusting. “You look very handsome yourself; this colour suits you. My little boy is all grown up. I’m so proud.”
I blushed a little. “Call me on my cell when you get home?”
She waved her hand in agreement, but looked secretly pleased.
“If you insist, now off you go; there’s no sense both of us hanging around here.”
Leaving her to board, I drove away, heading to Carlisle’s, ready to surprise him.
~xxXxx~
It had started to rain, a fine drizzle that made it impossible to keep a clear windshield and certainly not befitting a day as momentous as this. My joy was unrestrained, my need to see him eclipsing all other thoughts.
I debated on using my key, but to me that was only for when Carlisle wasn’t home. Plus, I didn’t officially live there yet, but it couldn’t happen soon enough for me. I rang the bell for what could possibly be the last time. His face when he opened the door was better than winning the lottery.
“Honey, I’m home,” I quipped, and I found myself being pulled inside and kissed hard, our arms winding around each other like ivy, hands clutching and grasping. With a herculean effort, our lips parted enough for him to speak.
“Are you here for a quick visit or to stay?” he breathed.
I grinned.
“What do you think?”
His chuckles were music to my ears.
“Let’s celebrate, shall we?”
Taking my hand, he led me upstairs to our bedroom where he pressed me against the closed door. Fingers slowly unfastened my shirt buttons while his lips toyed with mine, light grazing kisses that he did not allow me to return; the tormenting touch of his tongue tracing the swollen fullness of my top lip was indescribable... I was going quietly insane.
“This is my favourite shirt, (pop) so I won’t ruin it, (pop) but damn, (pop) you look good enough to eat.”
Last button undone, my shirt fell open, enabling his questing fingers to trace the planes of my chest. Thumbs circled my nipples as lips cruised up my neck, dropping hot kisses along my throat. My mouth was open and my breathing rough, his thumbs playing a symphony over my sensitive nubs. I moaned long and low, warm tendrils of longing unfurling and radiating across my body, scorching every inch of me from the inside out. My fingers lost themselves in his hair, my hand holding his head in place against my neck; his talented tongue flickered along my skin, soothing each spot that his teeth deliberately grazed, on his achingly slow, upward journey.
His nose nudged the underside of my jaw, his lips whispering over my skin, higher and higher, until hot breath spilled across my ear, turning my knees to water. At that moment, I was grateful my back was pressed against the wood of the door so that I couldn’t slide to the floor, lost in the euphoria he alone could invoke.
The touch of his tongue inside my ear drew from me a cry of such desperation that it felt as if it were being torn from my heaving chest. My whole body shuddered, my heart beating a staccato rhythm in time with his plunging tongue. I was a whimpering, writhing wreck, nothing more than sensation held together by desperate need.
It felt like a thousand years had passed before his mouth found mine again, reclaiming it like a long lost jewel in the desert. I drank him in, moaning like a greedy whore as my hands pulled his hips tight against mine, his arousal pressing into me. Although I longed to drop to my knees and taste him, I had no choice but to let him lead, completely under his thrall. He bucked against me, tormenting me with promises of pleasures to follow.
I felt his hands at my belt, sliding it open and leaving it hanging, the achingly slow lowering of my zipper making my helpless groan a plea for more. He pulled back and I bit my lip, seeing his eyes darken with lust. With a sharp breath his lips claimed mine again, the kiss deep and bruising, sending my senses spinning out of control. I couldn’t get him close enough, crushing his head to mine as our kiss bordered on savage.
He reached inside my pants and palmed me; the kiss broke as I gasped and panted for air, gazing into his eyes. He sank to his knees, his eyes never leaving mine as he released the button, lowering the fabric until it bunched around my thighs. My underwear was next, added to the wad of material above my knees, before he leaned in and took a hold of my shaft. I held my breath then, watching the head of my cock slide between his plump lips as he took me all the way in. The feel of my flesh sliding over his tongue was exquisite as he took me deep into the opening of his throat; my eyes fluttered closed and my breath caught, pleasure blooming behind my eyelids as I tried not to thrust into his mouth. When he released me, his hands stroking my thighs, he sat back on his heels and looked up at me.
His voice was sultry, his eyes hooded.
“Edward, what you asked me for: do you still want that?”
I nodded slowly. His signature smile made my heart pound.
“In that case, let’s work on getting you nice and relaxed.”
He slid my bunched up clothes down to the floor so I could step out of them, his warm hands reaching around to grasp my ass, pulling my hips forward until my cock found his lips again. He sucked me teasingly slow, his dark eyes watching me the whole time. I groaned at the sight, trying to buck my hips in encouragement but his hands slid round to my hips, pinning me to the door. After running the flat of his tongue up the length of my cock one last time, he dipped his head and nuzzled my balls, suckling each in turn. As he rolled his tongue around them, his hand slid down to pump my now leaking shaft. I was getting close, and tried to make him stop so it wasn’t over so quickly. Although his attention was diverted from my aching balls, his hand continued its merciless rhythm as he kissed his way up over my stomach, lingering over my abs with long, leisurely swipes of his tongue before I cried out, my back arching as streams of come landed both on my stomach and on his waiting tongue.
I shuddered and moaned, his hand slowing as he eased out the last drops, cleaning me as he did so. When he stood, I all but slumped into his arms feeling like my legs would give way at any moment. He chuckled and backed toward the bed (our bed), turning me so that I could lie back on the cool covers that felt so good against my heated skin. My relaxation lasted but a second; watching Carlisle pull off his shirt, release his belt and zipper and drop his pants to the floor was a defining moment. He kicked them away and moved forward until his legs were against the mattress, his heavy cock standing proud. Unable to tear my eyes away from it, I rolled over and scooted to the edge of the bed on my stomach. Craning my neck, I was able to take him into me whilst one hand cupped and massaged his sac. His breathing quickened, hips swaying forward in the gentlest motion as he sank deeply into my eager mouth.
But, just as I was getting into my stride, his hands found my hair and stilled my actions, carefully withdrawing from me.
His voice was husky now as he looked down into my eyes.
“Come right to the edge of the bed and get onto your knees.” He patted the coverlet and I did as he asked.
“Lean forward, love, I need that beautiful ass up in the air.”
His words made my entire body flush with blood, and I idly wondered if my ass cheeks were as pink as my face. I assumed the position he requested, trembling a little with a mix of anticipation and nerves, but I wasn’t worried; I knew I was going have one hell of a good time.
His fingers stroked the curves of my ass reverently, as if it were the eighth wonder of the world. As he caressed and palmed my flesh, his thumbs skated up my crease, parting my cheeks each time. I felt the air on my exposed hole and mentally told myself to relax; this time when his thumbs swept up and over, they rubbed either side of my pucker, just enough to make me squirm. On the next sweep, I found myself pushing back into his thumbs and was rewarded with his warm tongue flickering between them, circling inward, making me gasp and moan loudly into the mattress.
His tongue retreated for a moment and I groaned in disappointment. His thumbs were still working their magic and I pressed upward. Hearing his chuckle, I felt the soft pad of his thumb circle directly over my hole, teasing the opening before the tip slipped inside without difficulty.
So... good... more... please... oh god, please lick me again...
All that escaped my mouth amid unashamed groans was the single word ‘please’.
“More, Edward? More of this, do you mean?”
And then his agile tongue found its target once again, flickering all around my tender muscle before slipping inside to drive me insane. My knee slipped to the side as my foot tried to paddle the sheet, the feeling intense as anticipation built rapidly.
My arms trembled as he tongue-fucked me relentlessly; I mewled like a kitten, pushing my ass into his face as he worshipped my most tender place. When his finger slid inside, followed by another shortly afterward, I was too far gone to care. He twisted and turned them and I hung from his knuckles, chanting his name over and over; when they slid from me and were replaced by his mouth, sucking now as well as lapping and probing, I was almost incoherent.
My chest was heaving painfully when he retreated, smoothing my ass with both palms as if it were a priceless artefact.
“Are you ready for more, Edward?”
“Yes... yes...”
I heard the click of the lube bottle, and the rustle of the condom wrapper being torn. I told my body to relax, to make this as easy as possible. We’d done this before when I’d had no experience whatsoever; at least this time I knew what to expect, and I knew I could trust Carlisle with my life.
The coolness of the lube made me start, jolting me out of my reverie.
“How would you prefer to do this, my love? This is all about you.”
I felt warm kisses on the base of my back and shivered at the change in temperature. Sitting back on my heels, I turned to face him.
“What do you suggest?” I blushed like a virgin.
He crawled onto the bed and lay down, his hands reaching for me.
“Let’s try you going on top to start. Take as long as you need; we have all the time in the world.”
Straddling him somewhat awkwardly, I let him guide me until he was poised at my entrance. Staring into his beautiful eyes, so full of love for me, I breathed out hard and sank down a fraction, feeling the head of his cock breach me. Stilling for a moment, I prepared to take more when I felt able. Slowly, so very slowly, I slid down, little by little, until I was stretched open around him. My eyes were wide when I finally had all of him inside me; I almost forgot I needed to move.
His hands on my ass encouraged me to rock, helping me find a rhythm that worked for me. Every time he slipped out a little, my body shuddered with pleasure and I learned what to do to enhance that sensation. Lifting a little and sinking back down felt so good and I saw Carlisle’s cheeks flush, his eyes dark and hooded with pure desire.
As I grew in confidence, he added more to the mix. The first time that he thrust upward, I almost lost my balance, my body lost in pleasure. He held me tight, fingers splayed over my ass possessively as his cock slid in and out of my body. My head fell forward, eyes closed and mouth open in euphoria as my hands gripped his hips like a rodeo rider on his first time out on a wild stallion. My cock was hard again, the feel of it slapping against my stomach simply adding to my combined sensory pleasure. Sensing my impending loss of control, he stilled and I looked up, questions mingled with pleas shining in my eyes.
“I think you’re ready for more now.”
His heated gaze could not be denied. I found myself expertly flipped onto my back in a simple movement, Carlisle still buried to the hilt within me. Now free to move as he wished, he flexed his hips once to test my reaction and I fought to stop my eyes from closing. My legs lifted automatically and I rested them on his gorgeous ass; he took that as his cue to move and began an even, regular rhythm. My hips lifted to encourage him to take me, claim me as his; I knew he understood when his hands reached for mine, our fingers curling around each other’s and holding tight, our bodies riding the intertwined waves of passion and love. Leaning in, he finally kissed me, our combined breathless moans more perfectly crafted than any piece of classical music.
His thrusts grew in urgency, and I saw his need for me reflected in his eyes. Releasing my hands, he reached between us for my cock, swollen and leaking onto my stomach from the friction of his body. His grip was firm and sure, his hand pumping in time with each snap of his hips. I urged him on, my breathing ragged and my cock wet with the fluid that his hand collected on each upward stroke. I could feel the heat gathering deep inside, a tumultuous river of ecstasy threatening to burst its banks at any moment. With each thrust I lifted my hips to meet him and saw his eyes glaze, his face flushed as he approached the point of no return. His hand moved rapidly on my aching flesh, my lungs straining as I too strived for release, teeth clenched, and eyes wild.
My head fell back when the wave engulfed me and I cried out his name as my back arched into him. I felt my muscles grip him tightly as I came long and hard, come splashing onto my chest. Forcing my eyes open, I saw Carlisle’s desperate face as my contractions induced his own climax, his face etched with the exquisite agony of release.
Our heaving, sweating bodies stayed locked together as our mouths found each other in soft kisses of passion spent and the promise of love everlasting.
~xxXxx~
Lying in the circle of his arms, his lips brushing my temple as he sleepily nuzzled my hair, I smiled.
“If only those nurses knew what they were missing.”
I giggled a little to myself.
“Hmm?” His face nestled into my neck.
“They have a nickname for you, you know. I have to say, it’s pretty perfect.”
He shifted a little so he could look at me, frowning. I stroked my thumb over the fine lines on his forehead with a mischievous smile.
“The nurses, both male and female, so I’m told, all refer to you as Dr Do-Me.”
He raised a sardonic eyebrow as he raised himself up on his elbow.
“Is that so?”
I nodded, eyes widening for emphasis.
“Carlisle, you’re so damn hot, half the staff want you. Did you never notice?”
He looked startled for a moment before brushing his lips over mine, his tongue licking my lower lip enticingly.
“I should get you a white coat then.”
It was my turn to look confused. His lips brushed mine, soft as a snowflake.
“Why?”
“Because then I could legitimately say, ‘Oh Doctor Masen, please do me now.”
I dissolved into laughter that turned into moans as his kiss consumed me once more.
~xxXxx~

No comments: